About the Event
THE INDIAN PROPERTY SUMMIT 2015 IN LONDON
Indian Property Summit Fuels Smart Investing in Rapidly Growing Market
The 2015 Indian Property Summit in London offers international property investors keys to rapidly growing real estate markets promising more sustainable performance.
The Mumbai Ritz-Carlton has become a landmark in the historical timeline, marking the tipping point of India’s property market on the world stage, and the smart money is headed to India in 2015.
- 25-30 people are expected to move to major Indian cities every minute
- By 2050 843 million residents will live in urban Indian cities
- Smart City projects alone are to add 10-15% to job growth
- $31 billion has been pledged for additional metro, high speed and monorail development
- Investment in Indian housing is expected to hit $2 trillion (USD) in 8 years
- GDP is expected to grow by 6.7% to 11.2% per year through 2020
- The government is establishing new Special Economic Zones for foreign direct investment
- Rent and value growth in both commercial and residential Indian property is accelerating
- The anticipation of 11 million plus housing units per year make India one of the fastest growing real estate markets on earth
New Indian property developments and smart cities are making a massive leap into the future. India’s next generation real estate is being pioneered by many of the world’s most revered architectural firms, and technology giants. Stepping ahead of even the UAE and Dubai in smart building a new generation of smart buildings position at least 7 Indian cities as global leaders in green infrastructure, energy saving design, and sustainable building. These new role model cities not only offer international property investors a part in building the new global economy, solving the largest social issues, and more impactful solutions for saving the environment, but the rewards of globe topping returns and sustainable long term investment growth
100 New Smart Cities in India
Of Modi’s first 100 days in office former Canadian High Commissioner in India and part of British Columbia’s official delegation to the country, Stewart Beck says the new Indian Prime Minister made “dramatic international maneuvers” which have secured infrastructure development, land and
labour reform, and have improved the investment environment. Notable developments over the last few months include:
- Government easing of rules for foreign direct investment and construction in India
- Opening the doors to foreign investment in infrastructure with a 23% increase
- Approving of the Ahmedabad Metro Rail project
- The launch of new realty funds by former American banking giant Wells Fargo
- KPMG increased forecasts of annual investments in Indian housing to double to $250 billion (USD) within the next 8 years ($2 trillion by 2022)
- Plans to expand Special Economic Zones (SEZs) with reduced taxes and regulation
- Dedication of $1.2 billion (USD) by the Indian Finance Minister to modernize cities
- Committing to build 100 new smart cities in India
The commitment to build 100 new smart cities in India has already been met with substantial support from abroad. Singapore’s Finance Minister has agreed to build one of the desired new smart cities, and Japan has committed $26 billion toward the enhancement of the $100 billion Delhi-Mumbai corridor effort.
Gujarat International Finance Tech-City (GIFT)
CNN reports the state of Gujarat has already seen two new 28 story towers completed which are its tallest to date, and is planning an 80 floor Diamond
Tower designed by some of China’s most notable architects. Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) is the nation’s first official smart city. The
$12 billion smart city builds on a strong manufacturing and trading foundation, with the intent of becoming a highly competitive global financial hub, with world-class infrastructure. 8% of the country’s financial services are expected to be attracted to the city. GIFT is a futuristic smart transit oriented design city, with golf courses, high speed internet infrastructure, a new airport, proximity to 2 other major airports, and is being built for optimal fusion of nature and technology to blend work and life. Expect green buildings to feature sky gardens, rooftop gardens, solar, and rain water harvesting. Kochi recently received approval as an SEZ.
IBM has stepped up with the Master Plan for Dighi Port Industrial Area, while Cisco has put its main focus into Bangalore’s Electronics City.
The Rise of India Property
New leadership, massive new investment, and stunning world class development is elevating real estate in India to new highs. While Europe, the US, and Asia battle severe economic issues and fears the IMF predicts India will grow at almost double the world rate, at 5.6% this year. This can be credited to both new leadership keen on clearing the regulatory path to facilitate new progress and building, as well as the immense amount of disposable income and rapid wage growth being experienced by India’s tech savvy entrepreneurs and outsourced worker pool. According to Business Intelligence and Bloomberg News new exemptions have been providing more liquidity through lenders to financing infrastructure development and affordable housing. This will help ensure balance and sustainable growth to compliment the new luxury property market and investment in India. We now have the world’s largest residential tower in Mumbai, and the Ritz-Carlton which is due for completion by 2017, has been compared to London’s famous One Hyde Park. Looking forward the largest global money managers see investments in emerging markets like India an absolute must for maintaining growth and acceptable yields, and have already been putting their money into the country.
The New Prized Gem for Global Property Investors
Q2 Reports from Cushman & Wakefield show international investment up over 17% to almost $800B (USD). While New York topped the list, with London in second place for international investment capital, London still remains the world’s headquarters for international capital flow. Of course, both of these destinations, like other previously popular investment destinations continue to battle the inevitable. Some New York developments have seen great capital appreciation over the last few years. Yet, while ultra-prime Manhattan property might make great trophies for the world’s largest funds, it is also plagued by high prices, and stands in the shadows of ongoing repossessions. According to data compiler RealtyTrac the worst hit New York counties continued to see 1 in every 229 housing units receive a foreclosure notice in September 2014 alone. On a state level the data shows new foreclosure proceedings increasing 8.8% over the previous year, and auctions to dispose ofrepossessed properties up 45.1% from 2013. London may remain an exciting city for investment, though even the most optimistic analysts and industry professionals accept that a slowdown is in the works, with the coming April 2015 capital gains tax expected to deliver severe dampening of property values and interest. In contrast; India is really just now entering a new era of prosperity and growth. While it will so change, so far property investors in India have been able to avoid the intense competition, which has driven up prices in cities like San Francisco to being considered 60% or more overvalued in Q3 2014. India property might still be in the process of being polished to some degree, and may be undervalued, but there is no question that is a true gem, which is quickly appreciating.
More India Investment Property News & Trends
7 India property and investment facts every sophisticated investor should know:
- On September 29th, 2014 US President Obama and Indian Prime Minister Modi pledged to increase trade fivefold to $500 billion
- A 2014 Business Today survey showed 62% anticipate property prices increasing in the immediate future
- Money Control reports HNI buyers are now expanding luxury home building in India due to a willingness to embrace a wider landscape of postal codes with more value
- The Global Cities – 2015 report shows Mumbai moving up 5 spots to being one of the top ten world cities for office rent growth through 2019, at 14.9%.
- The Q3 FICCI Real Estate Sentiment Index shows a 13 point rise in confidence, and shows 73% of respondents are positive on the Indian economy, residential sales and price growth
- Oasis Tower, Mumbai made the list of notable ‘Future Skyscrapers’ and will be the second tallest building in India when completed in 2016
- The world’s largest real estate investor has caused significant controversy after pulling back on acquisitions in its home country (USA), and investing more than $1B (USD) in commercial property in India
There’s a lot more to India property than Mumbai too. C&W predicts some of the strongest demand will be in Bengaluru, followed by New Delhi, Mumbai, and Pune. Others are seizing on the window of opportunity to invest further out to capitalize on growth as transportation like the Metro Train and connectivity improve. The results being realized are making early investors even more bullish.
For example; even in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh which is slated to become the center of new economic growth efforts and investments local business owner Hemant Lal, of Aaron Productions India says modest duplex or row house properties have been rising 30% to 40%.
Increased familiarity with India from the trend in global outsourcing has also been driving more confidence in the country as promising investment destination for even novice property investors.
According to the following data from Money Control Hyderabad is even growing in share, with almost 10% of commercial office space absorption.
So what’s next for property in India?
Why Invest in Property in India Now
Investment in India property now clearly provides savvy international investors with diversity in portfolios, and the opportunity to seize on justified appreciation and rental rate increases to compensate for under-performing real estate assets in cities like London, Hong Kong, and New York.
The IMF predicts India will return to annual GDP growth of 6.7% by 2019. IBEF forecasts CAGR of 11.2% for India real estate through 2020.
This is the time to get in with the smart money and enjoy the maximum gains and best performance. However, while fundamentals are improving, sophisticated property investors still want to know how to best invest intelligently, profitably, and safely in India.
Tips for Smart Property Investment in India
- Invest in smart locations with strong fundamentals
- Choose quality property developers
- Select well-funded developments, especially those with recent injections of new cash
- Meet real estate project promoters in person to get to know them and their values
For diversity, capital growth, yield, prestige and investment savvy among peers, global property investors won’t want to miss the exclusive presentation of some of the most exciting new property developments at the 2015 Indian Property Summit.
Date and Time
26th-27th September 2015
The exhibition event will open for visitors (investors/buyers/clients) at 10am-7pm on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th September 2015.
Location and Venue
Locations: Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Address: 22 Portman Square, London, United Kingdom, W1H 7BG
About: In the heart of the West End, the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London offers an enviable location in the midst of major attractions like Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace. 272 comfortably equipped rooms and suites showcase stylish design and amenities like Free high-speed, wireless Internet access, air conditioning, and coffee and tea facilities. Guests also enjoy innovative international cuisine at the Portman Corner Restaurant, and can sip on well-mixed cocktails at the Portman Bar & Lounge or on The Terrace. The spacious event facilities offer everything needed for a remarkable stay in a renowned city.
Venue:- In addition to the unbeatable location in the city centre, the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel is also a perfect place to host meetings for six to 600 guests. These conference rooms in London all come well-equipped with natural sunlight, floor-to-ceiling windows and Free high-speed, wireless Internet access and audio-visual equipment and more to ensure your property solution exhibition is a success.
- The first of its kind, the aim of the event is to offer unrivalled access to the greatest number of next generation of development projects in India, with focus on environmental sustainability, energy efficiency, smart design, use of smart technology and more, to meet with unrivalled access to smart and influential investors worldwide, with the vision of building a more sustainable world.
- All Real Estate Sector Professionals are included:- Office, Residential, Retail, Healthcare, Tourism, Hotel, Leisure, Logistics & Industrial, Social Housing, Commercial, Sports, Infrastructure, Mixed-Use.
- Opened for visitors between 10am to 7pm, visitors will also be able to attend proposed free seminars on Property Trends in India, Emerging Destinations, Budget Housing and Taxation in India.
- To be part of London’s biggest Indian Property Exhibition and avail of its special offers and experts, simply register to book your place (free of charge) and benefit from this prestigious and rewarding event.
- Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, in the heart of London, offering 12 conference rooms and ballroom with capacity for up to 600 guests, one of the largest facilities in London.
Package & Benefits – entirely FREE of charge
- Free entry to the Indian Property Summit exhibition zone
- Properties, legal advice, available finance – all means that you can achieve your aim to have a property in India all at the same time at the same show. Indian Property Summit, designed with you in mind
- Explore the most rewarding development projects from all regions in India.
- Selected banks will be represented at the show and can discuss with you how to raise capital to buy your desired property in India.
- Access to the complete Indian Property Summit program: real estate exhibition, conference sessions and networking events.
- Gain insight into the latest trends and most promising & rewarding real estate projects from leading exhibitors and industry experts in all parts of India.
- Free legal advisers will be at the summit to explain to potential buyers how easy it is to purchase property safely and legally in India
- Free goodies including our summit magazine that includes legal and financial advice, trends and all the property exhibitor contacts who have participated at the event.
- Identify potential developers for your next property solution
- Make new contacts year-round with access to the Indian Property Summit Online Database